What causes prickly sensation on skin while suffering from eczema?
Could be due to allergies or Liver problems.
Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P
Thanks for posting your query.
Prickly sensation or itchy sensation is common in eczema but I think you are mentioning this sensation all over the body and not just over your hands where you have eczema.
Certain possibilities are :
1. Liver Problems : Any condition causing damage to liver leads to jaundice. Due to jaundice one can get itchy sensational all over the body.
2. Allergy : To certain food, medications or cosmetics can lead to itchy sensation.
3. Blood diseases like Mastocytosis or Eosinophilia
4. Parasitic infestation.
So we need to evaluate for the above conditions.I would advise you to get the following investigation done and revert back.
complete haemogram, absolute eosinophil count, liver function test, stool for ova and parasite,
Also let me know since how many days you are having this problem and also any known allergy for any food or medication in the past.
kindly revert with the details of what and also the reports of the test mentioned above.
Will be looking forward for your reply.
So its unlikely from Liver problems .
Thanks for the information.
Yes if there were Liver problem it would have shown in your blood work . So you said this Itchiness is there since years and it comes and goes . Is there any particular period / Season in the year when it comes ?
You didn't tell me whether you have any know allergy for any food / medication or cosmetics. Kindly let me know.
Yes stress also can cause Itching but that will be considered only after ruling out all other possible causes.
Also get the above mentioned tests done ( except for Liver function test ) or Kindly upload your recent blood work reports so that I shall tell you what tests ( if any required ) has to be done.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for problem in ejaculation
- What causes rashes while on treatment for laryngitis and fever?
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- What causes large pupils and allergy to many drugs?
- What does a creatinine level of 160 suggest?
- What causes choking sensation in throat and difficulty breathing with...
- Suggest treatment for vertigo with vomiting
- What causes weakness in a diabetic and BP patient?
- What causes blood in stools?
- Suggest treatment for blockage in carotid artery