What causes pricking sensation in the foot while on Glyciphage?
She needs evaluation.
Thanks for your question.
Noted your concern.
There is a need for detailed physical examination and history taking.
Pricking sensation in feet may be due to diabetic neuropathy.
In such a case I may suggest -
- Detailed physical examination including neurological examination.
- Investigation like
Complete Blood Count
Renal Function Test including Urea, creatinine, electrolytes.
Liver Function Test including Bilirubin, liver enzymes.
Vitamin B12 & D3 level.
Glyciphage Sr 500 contains Metformin 500.
With small dose Metformin her PP blood sugar level is 70.
Again blood sugar went to 200.
One need to find out trigger for this blood sugar fluctuations and confirm the blood sugar control by HbA1c & reoeat Fasting & post-prandial blood sugar levels by laboratory.
Depending upon all above evaluation further management can be planned.
Hope this helps.
Dr Abhay Mali.
wrongly I mentioned PP is 70 but actually its fasting reading is 70 and PP is 200.
anyway will take the etsts and comeback.
May suggest to increase dose of Metformin.
Though her fasting blood sugar level is within acceptable limit but PP BSL of 200 needs to be controlled.
Blood sugar control need to be assessed by doing HbA1c.
Considering her symptoms and PP BSL of 200 I may suggest to increase dose of Tab Glyciphage SR 500.
Glyciphage contains Metformin.
Depending upon HbA1c level metformin may be increased to 500mg Twice a day or addition of alpha glucosidase inhibitor like voglibose may be suggested.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause a pin prick sensation on the knees
- What causes squishy sensation in foot
- What can cause vulval pricking sensation
- What causes pricking sensation at the soles
- What causes needle pricking sensation in eyes
- What causes needle pricks sensation in body
- What is the purpose of glyciphage tablets
- What causes pin prick sensation in soles of feet
- What causes pin prick pain on foot
- What causes pin prick sensation in hands and feet
- How long does gestational diabetes take to resolve?
- What causes elevated blood sugar levels?
- What causes weakness all over body and numbness on left side of chest?
- What does the following microalbumin report indicate?
- What does high fluctuation in blood sugar levels indicate?
- Is there any scope for further improvement in vision of a diabetic patient?
- Can oral anti-diabetic medicine be taken after LVAD implantation?
- Suggest medication for elevated blood sugar levels
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- What causes abdominal pain, spasms and frequent sticky stool?