• question-icon

What causes pressure sensation in the head?

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Relationship
Question: Constant pressure in my head and getting more and more nervous, anxious lately. All of my med records appear to more or less normal.
Answered by Dr. K. V. Anand 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could this be Health anxiety

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mgrba. Thanks for the question. I can understand. Please do not panic.

You have completed all the tests and all those results points to the fact that you do not have any physical problems which causes the pressure in your head. This results are supposed to be genuine and the doctor who checked you might have appraised you about the result and assured you. You must clearly understand that and believe your doctor.

If you do not believe the doctor and the tests, and constantly worry about the pressure, the pressure is bound to increase. You should ignore the pressure and go for normal routine work which makes you engaged.

I can understand, this step is not easy. But there are no alternative. I would say that you are anxious about your health, that is termed as Health Anxiety.

Head ache or pressure is mostly due to stress, anxiety, eye strain, hypertension, acidity etc. I hope your doctor has ruled out the hypertension, acidity etc. Have you checked your eye sight and strain causes ?

Please let me know. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. K. V. Anand

Psychologist