What causes pressure pain around eyes and cheek bone after coughing?
Not a reason to worry, probably sinusitis.
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. The symptoms you describe suggest you have a sinus infection. This will cause a pain in around the eye and cheekbone when pressure build such as coughing. The brown discharge is infected secretions from the sinuses.
I suggest you take paracetamol and ibuprofen for the pain. Drink plenty of water. Nasal decongestant spray available over the counter may help.
If your symptoms have not improved after 7 days then see your doctor as this would be an indication for antibiotics and steroid drops or a spray.
I hope this is of help. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain above left eye while bending or coughing
- What causes pain in the collar bone during coughing
- Possible causes for eye bone pain
- Cheek bone pain causes
- What is the cause for pain in pelvic bone
- What causes chest pain and cough after bleaching
- What causes pain in the eyebrow bone
- What causes pain in collar bone
- What causes foot pain after a bone fracture
- What causes eyebrown bone pain