What causes pressure in the lower abdomen?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Men's Health
Question: Seminal fluid is very thin brownish color cast and had blood in it. Pressure in lower abdomen
left side increasing by small increments daily. Medications are Testim Gel 50 mg/ multi vitamin/ fish oil/ calcium supplement. I am in Las Vegas and cannot see my Tulane Doctor [Hellstrom] until Tuesday. All available Urologists here are booked. There is a walk in clinic. Right now no pain or great discomfort. Urine stream is clear. Am I good to wait til Tuesday.

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Yes, I don't think this is as emergency unless there is fever. This may indicate prostatitis,kidney stones or STD but usually there is even no specific cause and in this case it should pull back in several days. It would be good to drink plenty of fluids,raspberry tea and avoid sexual intercourse. Later,if it persist,you should do prostate ultrasound and check PSA levels. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T