What causes pressure in the back of the head and ears?

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am experiencing pressure in the back of my head & in my ears. It happens after I take Losartan & metaprol in the morning and continues intermittently. I take aspirin daily..am diabetic&..sugar tends to run high 200-300) - on insulin pump (Novolog) - my feet & legs swell by night ( have sit down computer job) - can novolog be causing this & pressure in my ears?
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Novolog does not cause these side effects.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thank you for asking!
I read carefully your concerns.
Your symptoms seem to be related to blood pressure rather than to glycemia.
I would suggest you to check the blood pressure twice daily, add metformine to therapy ( if you do not have contraindications) and adjust the insuline doses regarding to glucose level.
Novolog does not cause such side effects.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T