What causes pressure feeling in the chest with excessive burping?
Answer given below
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
There are two possible causes for your symptoms.
1. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD/acid reflux )
2. Obstructive airway disease
If the symptoms are due to GERD, you would have got relief with omeprazole. You say there was no relief. But you said you get some relief by burping. So GERD is still a possibility.
So to confirm GERD a 24 hours pH monitoring test may be done.
To rule out obstructive airway disease pulmonary function test may be done.
Till then continue taking omeprazole.
Reduce weight if obese.
Avoid alcohol and smoking.
Avoid citrus, chocolates, coffee, tamatoes, fatty food.
Eat smaller multiple meals.
Go to bed at least 2-3 hours after food.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes indigestion and burping
- What causes pressure in chest to burp
- What causes sulphur burps
- What causes excessive burping in old adults
- What causes excessive salivation and burping
- What causes burping
- What causes excessive saliva and nausea burping vomiting
- What causes sour burps
- What causes feeling of stomach bloating and burp
- What is the cause for smelly burps
- Elevated SGPT, SGOT and triglycerides. Taken Heptral and Udiliv. Please...
- Tiredness, loss of concentration, blood test shows low hemoglobin...
- Bloated upper abdomen, burping, history of chronic pancreatitis. Have...
- Blood test shows typhi and paratyphi positive. What does it mean?
- Abdominal pain, itching. Clean blood test. History of breast cancer. Are...
- Abdominal pain, done blood test and ultrasound. Kindly interpret results
- Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry...
- Constant nausea, negative pregnancy test, have Mirena IUD. Ovarian cyst?
- Poked eye with umbrella spoke. Eye gets sore and red. What do you...
- Diagnosed with chlamydia. Is it contagious through oral sex?