What causes pressure chest and and excessive salivation?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have a squeezing/pressure sensation in my chest and am salivating. A little dizziness over the last several days as well.

Allergies are acting up and have a cough as well.

No fever, but when I feel the squeeze sensation, my heart seems to skip a beat.

Should I see a doctor today?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs workup and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
That squeezing sensation is chest tightness and considering your deranged lipid profile and weight troubles and and age i can suspect the cardiac issue and i would recommend an urgent visit to ER and get assessed with a simple EKG and echo.if clear then all clear.
Next possibility would be your anxiety as already on antidepressants make the odds fair enough for that.
Dizziness is possible in both in fact a simple flu can cause that so I won't be surprised by that and hypersalivation is a response to that. Nothing to worry about. Mere antivert and some rest would fix that.
But first things first. Get evaluated for cardiac etiology for the chest pain and once ruled out sit back and relax and devise a plan for losing weight and bringing back lipid profile to normal.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX