What causes pressure behind right lower ribs?
Probably locomotory apparatus disturbation
Hello. Thank you for your question and welcome to HCM. I understand your concern.
Well, my index of suspicion that something is wrong, is very low.
According to your symptom and the fact that you sense it more in one certain position and sense it less in the other, fits more with minor locomotory disturbation, which can result acutely or chronically from assuming inappropriate back position during sleep and/or work/everyday activities.
This may be a paravertebral muscles' spasm due to the above mentioned reasons, but nothing to worry about. I think it will go away spontaneously. However, if this is disturbing to you and affects your everyday quality of life/work, you may be put on a 5-day course with over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs, such as Ibuprofen, Ketoprofen, Indomethacin ).
On the other side, if the problem persists even after this regimen of treatment, a plain postero-anterior chest X-ray is recommended and a plain Postero-Anterior X-ray of the vertebrae (spine).
I hope my answer results helpful to you. I am happy to help, if you have follow-up questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes flutter under right rib cage
- What can cause pain in lower side of ribs
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- Right side lower ribs pain causes
- What causes sore lower back ribs
- What causes lower rib pain with nausea
- Causes of pressure under right rib cage
- What is the cause of pressure below rib cage
- Standing causes pain in lower right ribs
- What causes right sided pain around the ribs