What causes pressure and tenderness under rib cage?
Investigations & physician's advise/ lifestyle changes would help.
Thanks for the query under HCM .
The pain/ discomfort you have under your left rib cage that aggravats in sitting posture can arise from irritation of diaphragm by various causes . Which range From.. simple indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome, hyper acidity . To problems of spleen,some lung problems, osteoporosis causing weakness of ribs, some times heart problem .
(Diabetes is known to cause less intestinal movements leading to more gas formation/constipation/ digestion problems ).
* The pain therefore needs to be investigated in detail & consulted by an expert physician to pin point the cause & get specific treatment.
A through physical examination is followed by -
Various investigations like complete blood count Serum calcium/vitaminD, Xray, USG, Barium meal test, stool examination, ECG are done as per need.
* Specific Treatment depends on the reason found
In this context, I would advise you to consult a Physician & get the advise & be under his care.
* Self help- A healthy life style with having small 3-4 hourly serving of food with high fiber & less starch( according to dietitian's advise) / Drink plenty of water through out the day. / Regular permitted exercises,/ yoga exercises, breathing exercises, relaxation techniques/ daily walk with moderate speed as per physician's advise / sound sleep/ good bowel habits /positive thinking .
Thus , an expert physicians advise & ideal life style would solve your problem . I hope you found the answer informative & guiding.Any follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes flutter under right rib cage
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- What causes cramps in rib cage
- What is the cause of rib cage sensitivity
- What causes muscle spasms under rib cage
- Causes of pressure under right rib cage
- What is causing tenderness and discomfort under rib cage
- What is the cause of pressure below rib cage
- What causes soreness in rib cage
- What causes movement under rib cage