What causes pressure and pain at the base of the neck while on Ibuprofen?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 7 May 2018 in Lump
Question: Having pain in glands in ears and base of neck, no earaches,no headache or fever,. Feels like a pressure, was wondering what I could do at home,been taking ibuprofen?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Apply Rubefacient and take Ibuprofen in proper proper dosages.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history well and understood your concerns.
Pain in glands in ears and base of neck without any other symptoms of earache, headache or fever can be due to either muscle spasm and/or lymph node enlargement.
Ideally Ibuprofen in proper dosages say 400 or 600 mg dosages as per the weight to be taken 8 hourly that is thrice daily should help relieve the problems. You are also taking OTC sinus medicines.
If the pain is due to muscle spasm, apply rubefacient liniment that gives warmth and relaxation.
Take rest properly and avoid all the movements of the neck that instigate or enhance the problems.
Please give any other details about the problems and give feedback after following the upper advise.
I hope there is no lymph node enlargement that is any swellings.