What causes pressure and discomfort in groin area?

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Lump
Question: I am having discomfort in groin area. Feels to be my testicles but when I check there it is not tender. Feels like pressure and more discomfort than pain
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Additional information required

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

If the testis is not tender and there is no enlargement of testis than there seems to be no cause for concern.
It would be very helpful if you could provide me following additional information for me to be able to assist you further

1. Since how long have you been experiencing pain?

2. Are you sexually active?

3. Do you have any urinary complaints like burning sensation while passing urine, increased frequency of urination?

4. Is there any discolouration of skin over scrotum?

Awaiting your response

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak Kaltari
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 44 minutes later
Have had the discomfort on and off for about a month. No discoloration or urination problems. Sexual active with my wife.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no cause for concern

Detailed Answer:
Dear Mr XXXXXXX

In absence of pain or enlargement of testis non-inflammatory pathology like varicocele needs to be considered. As the symptom is long duration its unlikely to be due to any significant problem.
I would suggest a routine assessment from your primary care physician for further assessment and reassurance.

Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy life

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak
Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon