What causes premature ventricular contractions while sleeping after drinking beer?

Excellent

Question
This is the only time i have pvc's

EVERY night after one to five beers i have a PVC as follows:

I will get undressed crawl into bed with my chest facing the bed and as i turn to my right side i will get a PVC followed by a few fast beats sometimes...or sometime just a PVC or two. Is this dangerous. It does not always happen if i didn't drink.

I this normal to happen EVERY night?

I also feel like it could be from my stomach. I feel a feeling under my chest in my stomach area?

Thanks
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Karen Steinberg 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Occasional PVCs are not dangerous

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for using Healthcare Magic. An occasional skipped or irregular beat is common and not dangerous. Certain drugs can cause an "irritable heart" and then PVCs. Alcohol and caffeine are well known causes.

My suggestion is to avoid the beer before going to sleep. An occasional beer during the day might be okay, but 5 beers every day can eventually damage your liver (and heart) so avoid drinking that much.

I'm not sure what you mean by a feeling in your stomach that might be causing it. Alcohol can also cause an inflammation in the stomach and this can be uncomfortable. The beer might be producing gas in your stomach that could create a stomach spasm (like a burp) that might feel like a PVC. All in all, you might be best off not drinking beer or alcohol at all.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further questions, I would be happy to answer them.