What causes premature ejaculation?

Posted on Mon, 14 Apr 2014 in Men's Health
Question: Dear Doctor, I am married for 15 years and have 12 old daughter. I am suffering from Early/Premature Ejaculation, Low erection, erectile dysfunction(some time) and the intercourse last may be less than 2/3 min. I can feel my penis is extremely sensitive during an act. Can you suggest some medication? I don't have any other ailments or complications. On some of days I have taken sildenafil tablets which has worked for me in maintaining my erection for long time. However these days Medical don't give these tablets. I don't know why they just say they don't have them.I am in sound health of height 5.4 and 63kg and I am 40 years old.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: pelvic muscles strengthening exercises can help. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. Erectile dysfunction can be seen as age advances. After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should do exercise that strengthen the pelvic muscles. Use of condom can help you stay longer as it decreases the sensation to some extent. Also do not think of the final ejaculation while having sexual intercourse. Masturbating about 30 minutes before the intercourse will also be helpful. Regular Yoga and meditation will help you in keeping your mind calm and under control. I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Regards. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. R.A. Singh 5 minutes later
How about early ejaculation which I am suffering more than erectile dysfunction. Erectile dysfunction is very rarely not always. Please suggest some medication for early ejaculation or pre-mature ejaculation which is my larger concern. Regards,
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: I have already mentioned the details. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your response. I have already mentioned in my earlier post about ways to control premature ejaculation like using a condom, masterbating some time before the sexual intercourse and pelvic muscle strengthening. All these will help you in curing premature ejaculation to some extent. I hope this answers your query. If you have any further doubts, please mention. Regards. Thanks.
Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist