What causes pounding heart beat which reduces to 34 bpm after lying down?
I recommend a routine medical check up by your cardiologist.
Thank you for asking on HCM!
I understand your concern, and would like to explain that, when we lay down, more blood returns to the heart and more vigorous cardiac contractions occur.
In addition, the heart keeps slowing, as the result of baroreflex response. Your heart looks to react in the right way.
But, if it appears to be a persisting exaggerated response, then you should consult your doctor (cardiologist), for a medical check up, and possibly some additional tests (resting ECG, cardiac ultrasound, and eventually an ambulatory ECG monitoring).
Hope to have been helpful to you.
Feel free to ask me whenever you need. Greetings! Dr. Iliri
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Increased heart rate of 157 bpm cause severity
- Minoxidil causing 90bpm heart rate
- How many bpm to cause heart attack
- What causes heart to pound
- What causes a pounding heart beat
- What cause a 94bpm
- What causes heartrate at 140 bpm
- What causes sudden pounding heart beats
- What causes the heart to race while lying down
- Bpm to cause a heart attack