question-icon

What causes pounding heart beat and chest pain along with decreased appetite?

Posted on Thu, 14 May 2015
Question: My heart is beating very hard -- I can feel it all through my chest and it hurts. My blood pressure is ok. I don't have much of an appetite and have lost 20 pounds recently without trying. My heart has been doing this for a few months now.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
You should do the following examinations to find out...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

My opinion is that you should do some examinations to find out what has caused palpitations (heart beating very hard) and weigh loose.

If you were my patient I would recommend to do the following examinations:
- Blood work
- ECG
- Chest x ray
- Abdominal ultrasound
- Cardiac echo
- Holter monitoring
This will help to find out the right etiology to your concerns.

Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist