Owl Image

What causes post traumatic stress disorder?

Owl Image
Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Question
can a mental collaspe/nervous breakdown be a form of PTSD itself,when you were sexually abused in the breakdown? what workbooks to you buy for that?
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Depression

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

PTSD can coocccur with breakdown or depression. And why should one buy workbooks for this. It would be wiser to get treated from an expert in that case.
Ptsd and depression both need to be intensively treated and paroxetime is a good drug for both of them and needs to be given for 6 months. Also cognitive behavioural therapy will also help.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.