What causes post-surgical pain with leg and arm pain post myomectomy?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Breast Cancer
Question: I'm a 32 year old female that just had a myomectomy surgery two days ago,where they had to remove three big fibroids. I don't have a lot of pain from the cut itself,but I do have soreness in my legs and arms, the back of my neck. mainly when I switch positions. I just came on my period so I'm losing additional blood on top of what I lost in surgery. my throat hurts and I've been coughing up mucus. not running a fever, can breath very well. any ideas what could be going on if anything other them an a normal reaction form surgery
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 5 hours later
Brief Answer
It is just a little more reaction to surgery and will vanish soon.Please Do not panic

Detailed Answer:
hello dear. It is just a little more reaction to surgery but you do not worry. It will vanish in another couple of days. Just because you had menses over that added to the problem. Please eat good food, mild physiotherapy of limbs and plenty of oral fluids will help you
Nothing is going wrong and you will be fine soon.
Thanks and regards
feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 2 hours later
ok........ Thanks doc :-) :-)
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Please feel free to ask if any other issues in future.
Dr Deepak Sundriyal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
what kinda foods should I eat I really don't have a appetite
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Well cooked and hygienic.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. There is special diet as such. Decreased appetite is a common observation in post operative period. Appetite will improve. Anything you wish to eat can be taken but it should be well cooked and hygienic. Just avoid fatty meals for a few days.
Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj