question-icon

What causes post nasal dripping along with burping?

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016
Question: I have "goop" dripping from my sinuses. My ear and head are a little sore...but I feel like I have goop in my throat. I also have upper gas and burping. I'm not sure if it's stomach acid causing the problem or the mucas dripping. Help
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
GERD causing problem

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Post nasal dripping is common in people with acid reflux and gastric discomforts and is definitely the result of it. clogged Ears, blocked sinuses, sore throat, itchy feeling or feeling of some thing stuck in the throat are some of its common manifestations.

Treatment for the throat and ear is supportive and mostly conventional with avil, decongestants and other symptomatic over the counter relief and more importantly home remedies like warm salt water gargles, home throat comforting beverages like herbal tea, green tea mixed with honey etc.

Focus more of acid reflux symptoms and control it. Modify diet and lifestyle. Lose weight, eat small frequent meals, avoid spices,stimulants, coffee, chocolate, processed and canned foods, Avoid lying down after the meal for two hours minimum. Keep the head side of the bed elevated. Meanwhile take some antacids and pepto etc for the symptoms relief. talk to your GI doctor for further management.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan