What causes post nasal drip, constant headache and neck stiffness?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Sat, 18 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: For about four weeks I have had severe sinus drainage in my throat, no stuffiness in my nose, a constant headache with a a stiff neck. Very sore glands in my neck but no sore throat. I have been using otc's that are not working . I have no energy and can barely go. If it's just a sinus infection , which I haven't had for years, or I'm a little concerned with the stiff neck.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Acute sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
From the history it does not seem to be sinusitis alone. According to me you are also having acute pharyngitis. Please send me the pictures of your throat so that I can suggest you better.
What medicines have you been taking so far?
You should take a nasal spray twice daily for sinusitis.
Take an antibiotic like amoxyclav 625 twice daily
Take an oral decongestant tablet also
Use hexidine gargles.
Tablet vitamin c once daily
All the medicines I prescribed are available only on prescription.
Get a CT paranasal sinuses done
Get a throat swab for culture sensitivity done
Any further questions are always welcome
Wishing you a speedy recovery
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng