What causes positive urine test for Amphetamine while on Lexapro and Modafinil?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Drug Abuse
Question: I have tested positive for amphetimine in a urine analysis and I haven't had any. I am on lexapro and modifinal

Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Modafinil is a stimulant medication composed of amphetamines. This will cause your urine to test positive for amphetamines. Simply give a note from your doctor stating it is being prescribed to you to the administrator of the urine test.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Thanks so much for your help this answers all my questions
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
You are very welcome!