question-icon

What causes poor memory after taking Lipitor and Vesicare?

Posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2014
Question: I have been on Lipitor for elevated cholesterol levels for some time and also recently began to take Vesicare for urinary urgency....my question has to do with memory problems which may be a side effect of one or both of these drugs. Family members have remarked on my memory problems.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Rare side effect of lipitor

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. The side effects you are experiencing are indeed rare side effects of the medication lipitor (active ingredient atorvastatin).

As this is a very rare side effect, the exact cause is still unclear. But whenever reported, the medication has been replaced with another which has led to discontinuation of the side effects. So I would request you to report the same to your prescribing doctor who would gladly replace the medication with another which would help control your cholesterol levels along with having less or no undesired side effects.

I hope you find my response helpful ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan