What causes poor hair growth in an infant?
My girl is 10 months old, I have noticed three disturbing symtoms not clear why
1. Her hair is not growing, its very feable hairs, I was bald at age of 32, will this be a heridetary impact on her. what are the remedies for her hair growth.
2. There are some white patches on the thigs a kind of small half and round white patches.
3. She is very lean , a weight of 7.5 Kgs. and she passes semi liquid / semi solid stools / motion for around 6-7 times in a day and urinated more than 20 times.
Stop cows milk if you are giving
Thanks for writing to health care magic.
1. Hair growth will be less in some babies. It is too early to tell if the baldness will be inherited. Many infants grow hair well after a year . I would advice multivitamin and iron supplements daily for atleast 3 months . That would help to some extent.
2. Patches in thighs could be related to diaper use.
Try avoiding diapers and use only cotton clothes.
If the patched become red or itchy consult your doctor.
3. Test stool for reducing substances . If positive , try avoiding cows milk and lactose containing formula.
Use lactose free formula like isomil.
Ensure she drinks liquids like tender coconut water,rice gruel, ors.
Wishing her speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Retarded hair growth what could the cause and cure be
- What causes excessive growth of body hair
- What causes delay in facial hair growth
- What causes hair growth on the penis
- What causes poor memory
- What causes hair growth on hand
- What causes growth of facial hair
- What causes back hair growth
- Loestrin causes hair growth
- What causes change in hair growth pattern