What causes polycystic ovary syndrome in obese women?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I have a disease and need help diagnosing it. Every woman or girl I have ever had sex with or have french kissed developed policistic ovaries ie weight gain, menstraul cycle issues, problems concieving children. I was either born with this disease or contracted it at a very young age. I first experience this problem with my first girlfriend at the age of 14. I have been told by doctors that such a disease doesn't exist and that i'm prone to selecting women with this disorder, but over time this has proven not true and has only damaged more lives. Friends of mine who have shared the same partners as me are now experiencing the same problems. One of my close friend's wife has since gone into liver failure and has been told she can never drink alcohol again. My blood work is over all normal except that I'm pre diabetic, and have high cholesterol. PLEASE HELP. This is a real disease and has now damaged multiple lives. If you can not help please direct this question to somebody who can.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No such disease exists

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir, thanks for trusting health care magic.
There is no such disease indeed and overthinking.
I can make out that you are a sensitive person and thus blaming yourself for things that are not at all because of you.
Polycystic ovaries are very very common and it is just a chance factor that you have had relationship with women having tendency for this disease already but unleashed only after relationship.
The only possibility of relation to polycystic ovaries can be that all your girlfriends were overweight and habitual fast food lovers.
Obese women are more prone to polycystic ovaries.
Just relax and don't even keep a doubt about yourself.
Dr Manisha