Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

What causes plugged ear, muffled hearing, pain in the eastachian tube and dizziness?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10441 Questions
I have a plugged ear muffled hearing pain in the ear an inflamed eustacien tube and i get dizzy. When i pinch my nose and blow i get teally dizzy. Whats wrong and how do i fix it
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Middle ear disease likely. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. In my opinion, this pain in the ear with muffled hearing and dizziness is likely to be due to a middle ear disease. It can be related to an infection, miniere's disease or any middle ear growth. This needs a direct examination by an ENT specialist to confirm the diagnosis. You may also get an MRI scan done to detect any anatomical lesion. I would advise you to consult an ENT surgeon to first confirm the cause of your symptoms i.e the exact diagnosis whether meniere's or proprioceptive disorders or any neurological cause by evaluation and investigation ( mri, audiogram, etc) The treatment will depend on the cause and its severity. Its best not to delay consultation as the further progression might decrease the chances of better response to oral medicines . I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor