What causes pins and needles in right hand and finger tips?

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Thu, 26 Mar 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Good afternoon,

I've been experiencing a pins and needles in my right hand and finger tips for the past day and a half. Is this something I should be worried about?

Thank you,

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be related to benign causes

Detailed Answer:

The symptoms that you are having are likely to be related to benign causes like electrolyte imbalance and B 12 deficiency, etc. Most of the times these symptoms can be taken care of by taking electrolyte rich fluids and Methylcobalamin supplements.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Follow up: Dr. Saurabh Gupta 48 minutes later
O wow very interesting Thank you. Can you please provide me with natural resources for electrolytes and B 12?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Natural resources described below.

Detailed Answer:

Natural resources for vit B 12 - Shellfish, beef,fish, crab, cheese, eggs, whey powder, milk and yogurt.

Natural resources for electrolytes - lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, coconut milk, bananas, strawberries, honey,salt.

Hope this discussion was useful. Please close the discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service.