• question-icon

What causes pinkish red splotches on the upper abdomen and arm?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had some pink/red sploching on my skin for the past month(left and right upper side of my stomach). Now, it has appeared on my left arm. It is not itchy and is flat. What could this be? I have no new clothes, not traveled anywhere, shower everyday and do everything the same as I have.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to a hypersensitivity reaction

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have checked the attached images. It could be due to a hypersensitivity reaction (allergic reaction). Taking some antiallergic like cetirizine or benadryl. Montair LC (montelukast + levocetirizine) is a prescription medicine which should help better. You also should apply some emollient like calamine lotion or some moisturizer like aloe vera lotion.

It might take a few days to recover and so you need to be patient.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha