What causes pinkish patch on lower lip?
I am from 25 year old male from XXXXXXX I have a slight pinkish patch on my lower lip which I first observed in 2014 January.The patch is still there and has not deteriorated in two years.Please give me a diagnosis of the problem .
Kindly upload an Image
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr.Kakkar. I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
I request you to kindly upload an Image so that I am able to guide you better. You may upload an Image either at "Reports Section" Or you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with the subject line as Attention:Dr.Kakkar.
Possibility of mucosal vitiligo
Hi. Thank you.
I have reviewed the Image.
This seems like vitiligo. It is a good thing that it has'nt progressed for 2 years.
I suggest you to use Elocon cream (mometasone furoate 0.1% cream), once daily for 4-6 weeks.
Mometasone furoate ointment
I asked you to apply mometasone furoate 0.1% ointment (Elocon ointment), once daily for 4-6 weeks. It is a treatment for localised vitiligo patch like this.
As such smoking has no role in either causation or treatment of vitiligo.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black spots on lower lip
- What could cause a wrinkle patch inside the lip
- What causes darkeningcracking in upper and lower lips
- What causes bump on the inside of the lower lip
- What causes lower lip muscle to twitch
- What causes white line to grow on lower lip
- What causes lower lip to quiver
- What causes white patches on lips
- Cause of pulse in lower lip
- Lower lip cancer causes