What causes pink vaginal discharge?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 17 Feb 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I am 48yrs old,I had my period a week earlier than the date,it wasn't heavy as before and I am having pink bleeding ever since it stopped 7 days ago,only when I wipe I see it,I noticed when am.done working and relax there is no bleeding,but as soon as I am up and about in the mornings it's back ,but at night when I.am not active it's gone,plz explain
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These are peri menopausal changes, do not worry.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
See basically you are in peri menopause.
It is quite normal to have some amount of irregular bleeding and spotting around this time.
Your body is going to enter menopause, and there are large hormonal variations within your body at this time
This leads to irregular periods, spotting and bleeding.
You should have a workup , and if that is normal, please put this down to peri menopausal hormonal changes, relax, and stop worrying about it.
You should have an internal exam by an OB - GYN, Pap smear, pelvic ultrasound scan and hormonal levels ( FSH, LH, Serum estradiol ).
This will confirm your peri menopausal status and put you at ease too.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T