• question-icon

What causes pink blotches all over the body while on hypertension medicines?

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have warm pink blotches on my body from shoulders down to legs. THEY DO NOT ITCH AND THEY AR NOT PAINFUL. THEY HAVE GOTTEN LARGER OVER TIME. I DID MENTION TO DOCTOR WHEN I WAS IN HER OFFICE BUT SHE DID NOT EXAMINE ME FOR THAT, AND I LEFT THE OFFICE FORGETTING TO BRING UP AGAIN. I TAKE BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATION AND IT IS ALWAYS LOW. i TAKE TRIAMERENE 375/25 AMODIPIN 25MG,DICEIFENE 500 EC 75 MG, D3 100 MG, B12 3000,GKUCAMMUBE/CHODROITIN 1200, OMEPEZALE 20 MG, BABY ASPRIN 81 MG, VIT.C 500. HAD BEEN HAVING HEADACHES WHICH I NORMALLY SELDOM HAVE AND DOCTOR HAS ORDERED MRI AND ULTRI SOUND TO CHECK FOR CLOGGED AETRIES. WHAT DO YOU THINK THINK PINK BLOTCHES COULD BE. I AM 78 AND EXERCISE 1 HOUR A DAY, WALKING ORV SWIMMING. I RECENTLT LOST 25 POUNDS. I WEIGH 153.00 AND I AM 5'2. PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU.
Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..

All I can see is, this is related to some kind of allergy.
Because the lesions are neither painful nor itches..

And I strongly suspect, swimming as the cause for such lesions..

I suggest you to stop swimming for few days, may be 4 to 5 days and see if the lesions subside on its own.

Sometimes, drug induced such lesions are seen..
But we shall try the most common reason, swimming and see how it goes..

Hope I have cleared your doubt..
In case you need further assistance, please let me know.
Or you can close the question and rate.
Take care..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Manjunath Metri

General Surgeon