What causes pinching sensation on left sided abdomen post withdrawal from smoking?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Question: Hi I quit smoking a week ago and Ive been feeling a pinching sensation on my left side for 3 weeks now, no other symptoms, doesn't get worse with deep breaths either. Should I worry?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I think no

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

Feeling of abnormal sensation on left side of chest or any other area following nicotine withdrawal is among common symptoms can occur in around 3 to 10% patients with tobacco dependence.

It is usually mild and not associated with any serious consequences. I do not think you need to show concern for this.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar