What causes pinching pain on upper neck and one side of the head?
Musculoskeletal pain most likely.
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query. Your problem can musculoskeletal pain due to repetitive stress. It can be from the uncomfortable positions you sleep or unusual physical activity.
In such case over the counter analgesics like ibuprofen (motrin) and local anti inflammatory gels with combination of diclofenac , methylsalicylate and capsaicin locally will be helpful. Ice pack application will decrease the inflammation also.
Also avoid using big pillows. Better to avoid pillows totally. Using orthopedic designed pillows is good also.
But if there is no improvement then you might need to do an X ray of cervical spine and assessment by orthopedician to rule out conditions like cervical spondylosis.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pinch pain with bowel movement
- Pinching pain at site of implanon
- Treatment and cure for pinching pain
- Pinching pain causes
- Pinching pain in inner thigh
- Pinching pain in upper left abdoman
- Diagnosis of pinching pain
- Pinching pain in hip groin
- Soft tissue lump neck pinching pain
- Pinching pain in chest gerd