What causes pinching pain in the chest?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello,
For last few weeks, I am feeling a very minor pinch in my left chest. And its like something is pinching in side the chest, somewhere deep down where i cannot poke my finger and itch it. It lasts just for a second of two.
Earlier i was a smoker with almost 4 cigs a day, but now I completely stopped it. Can that be a reason, or is there any thing else I should be worried about.
I have noticed one more thing, it happens more frequently on full stomach, than no empty stomach. Can that be co-related or I am just think a lot about it.
I also felt the same sensation on the other side of the chest, but that is countable(i guess may be twice or thrice).
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get ECG done

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Most probably its nothing. BUt still need to rule out any heart or lung problem. So kindly get two basic tests done i.e ECG and chest X ray PA view. If its not heart or lung, then acidity or indigestion maybe the cause.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj