What causes pimples on the face of a baby?
My baby is 23days old and he has got few pimples on his face. What could be the reason and treatment of this?
Normal in newborns. Not a cause for concern.
Thanks for asking again on HealthcareMagic.
You can upload an image of the few pimples but I can assure you that these are normal for a newborn baby and are not a cause of concern. These can either be:
* Erythema toxicum - which are harmless red rashes on the skin. They disappear in a few months of birth and are not a cause of concern.
* Milia - caused due to deposition of dead skin cells under the skin and are not a cause of concern.
In any case they are likely to be normal and you need not worry about them. No treatment is required. If apprehensive, you can apply calamine lotion topically for a soothing effect.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes underground pimples
- What causes pimples on face
- What causes boiler pimples?
- What causes pimples in the womb
- What causes pimples on chin
- What causes pimple on the areola
- What causes pus filled purplish pimples on the face
- Pimple causes numbness in face
- What hormone causes pimples
- What causes a stinky pimple