What causes pimple on the corner of left eye lid?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Question
My child is 3yrs 4months now. She has got a small pimple like thing on the corner of her left eye lid. It has been growing since 5-6days now. Its in red color. She isnt complaining about pain bt i think there is pain also. Last year also she had the same problem and the Doc had told that this was because of dust accumulation. Her eye has swollen up. Doc had prescribed Neospirin ointment, bt this time it isnt showing any effect.

Please advice,...

Thanks,
XXXXXX
Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be stye

Detailed Answer:
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.

By what you quote it looks like an infection of the gland of the hair follicle of the eye lid. I would be very happy to guide you even more precisely if you can upload an image of the eye lid of your kid.

If I were your treating paediatrician, I would consider prescribing your kid Ciprofloxacin eye drops for the day and Ciprofloxacin eye ointment of the night of over night care and bacterial control.

I again reiterate the fact that eye conditions are best treated after seeing the lesion directly. So I suggest either you upload an image or consult an ophthalmologist.

Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,

Follow-up: What causes pimple on the corner of left eye lid? 16 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX

Thanks for your prompt reply.
As I've mentioned in my query above that Aleena had the same problem last year also, her paediatrician had told it was STYE only.

Could you please advise whether I can use the above prescribed medications by you?

Thanks,
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sumanth Amperayani 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can use after consulting an opthalmologist

Detailed Answer:
Hi...thanks for your trust in me.

But as it is an eye condition I would prefer you to go to an ophthalmologist and then start the medicine as it the best way to do it. I again reiterate the fact that eye conditions are best treated after seeing the lesion directly. So I suggest either you upload an image or consult an ophthalmologist.

But if you are unable to consult an ophthalmologist right now, you can use the medicines prescribed by me. Eye drops 1 drop every 6th hourly in the diseased eye and ointment in the same eye at night. But consult an ophthalmologist as soon as possible.

I wish your kid a speedy recovery. If you need any future medical consultation and suggestions, I will be glad to help. You can approach me at the following link. Please find the link below.
www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696