What causes pimple on shaft of penis?
it is probably a sebaceous cyst
I am Dr Aslam here to help you.
As you describe, it seems like you are having a sebaceous cyst on your penis, which caused by blockage and damage to duct of the sebaceous glands.This causes accumulation of sebum,a whitish, somewhat greasy material.
Temporary relief is obtained by drainage alone, as you are doing frequently. But for permanent cure,we have to remove the entire gland along with the duct.This is a minor surgical procedure done under local anesthesia in an out patient set up.
You can seek the help of a general surgeon or a urologist.
It is better to avoid frequent squeezing till then, as this can cause infection, and recurring infection may make surgery more difficult.
Hope this answer will be helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Vaseline cause pimples on penis
- What causes boiler pimples?
- What causes pimples in the womb
- What could cause pimple under the glands of the penis
- What causes small pimples on penis
- What causes pimples on chin
- What causes pimple on the areola
- What causes dark pimples on penis shaft
- What causes pimple like bumps on the penis
- What causes a stinky pimple
- Is laser removal of hair growing on neck and chin,safe?
- What causes nausea after eating?
- How does the lymphatic system work?
- How long does swelling take to subside after shingles attack?
- What causes nausea in the morning?
- Suggest treatment for chicken pox
- Suggest brand names for hydromorphone hydrochloride drug
- What cause light period bleeding, stomach cramps and headache?
- What causes rouleaux of red blood cells after drawing blood?
- Is HIV test result a year after exposure,conclusive?