What causes pimple on penis shaft oozing yellow pus?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My husband is lives in Pakistan and he said that he had a pimple on the shaft of his penis that lies on the scrotum side where a large vein is, he squeezed it and yellow pus came out of it..he also has red and painful rash on his scrotum and inner thigh area? He went to the Doctor and the doctor gave him a shot and told him to put on a cream and a powder that my husband did not get, nor does he know the name of. I am concerned that it is an STD and not an infection of some sort. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
If possible,provide pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
From the description you have provided,it looks like your husband has developed a superficial pyogenic infection.
It is basically a mild skin infection which tends to heal soon with application of topical antibiotics. Most stds need oral medicines and long term treatment ,so it is very unlikely to be a sexually transmitted disease.
But I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition.
If possible ,please click some close up pictures of the affected area and upload them here on this page.
I am sure I will be able to help you better once you provide me the pictures .

Dr Geetika Paul

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Geetika Paul

Dermatologist