What causes pimple on penis shaft oozing yellow pus?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My husband is lives in Pakistan and he said that he had a pimple on the shaft of his penis that lies on the scrotum side where a large vein is, he squeezed it and yellow pus came out of it..he also has red and painful rash on his scrotum and inner thigh area? He went to the Doctor and the doctor gave him a shot and told him to put on a cream and a powder that my husband did not get, nor does he know the name of. I am concerned that it is an STD and not an infection of some sort. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
If possible,provide pictures

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
From the description you have provided,it looks like your husband has developed a superficial pyogenic infection.
It is basically a mild skin infection which tends to heal soon with application of topical antibiotics. Most stds need oral medicines and long term treatment ,so it is very unlikely to be a sexually transmitted disease.
But I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition.
If possible ,please click some close up pictures of the affected area and upload them here on this page.
I am sure I will be able to help you better once you provide me the pictures .

Dr Geetika Paul

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by
Dr. Geetika Paul


Practicing since :2008

Answered : 2606 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Skin infection

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor! I recently took treatment for acne (sotret 20mg for 4 months, nadoxin gel, faceclin and cosglo gel). I am now only using the tubes. I...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am a 28 year old male community services worker who comes in contact with people of poor health with many types of skin infections and long...

doctor1 MD

I have a bacterial skin infection and was using Clindamycin phosphate lotion as suggested by my doctor. The itching had stopped completely but the...

doctor1 MD

Patient had a severe skin reaction - scalp to feet, from cortisone cream. Skin peeling, pus underneath, crusts with blood oozing. How do you treat...

doctor1 MD

Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply however my further query is for last two weeks I have a mild rash under my eye which is persistent and...

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing some tingling , slight swelling and tender to the touch on the right side of my face it began about a week ago along the upper...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I had/have a rash or something after a skin infection on left forearm. Er Doc said it Might allergy to the antibiotics. I got the rash 3 days...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

176 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction