What causes pimple-like red bumps on penis?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello, so recently I find out on my penis there are little red dots, looks like pimple but without any fluids in it. It's painless and no itching at all, is there possibility I'm getting herpes or syphilis?
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Welcome to Healthcare Magic.

I read carefully your query and understand your concern.

The pimples in your genitals can be related to skin irritation due to friction ,uncomfortable underwear or an allergic reaction to detergents or other products.
It doesn't seem to be an STD.
These skin lesions are not related to syphilis and they don't seem to be genital herpes.
Herpes lesions are very itchy and painful.

I would suggest to keep the area clean, wear loose cotton underwear.If it is just due to friction ,the pimples will go away in few days.

Considering the symptoms and the appearance , it doesn't seem to be of concern but if you have had unprotected intercourse lately and think that it is possible to have contracted an STD ,I would suggest to get tested for all the panel of STD infections.

If the pimples doesn't seem to go away in few days or if you have other symptoms like discharge,burning and painful urination etc ,you need to see a doctor and get examined.

Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question.

Kind regards,
Dr.Rovena Murati

Follow up: Dr. Rovena Murati 1 hour later
Thank you so much for answering my question. But is there any STDs symptoms looks like this? Or this is just irritation
Answered by Dr. Rovena Murati 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
detailed below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

I apologize for the delay in answering you.

The rash in your genitals doesn't resemble any STD infection.Definitely it is not syphilis and it doesn't look like herpes.
Genital herpes would look like small blistery or a cluster of blisters that are very itchy and painful.
Other std infections would also cause symptoms like discharge, a burning and tingling sensation in the tip of penis ,etc.
In your case it seems to be juts irritation but in case it doesn't improve and go away in few days ,you should consult a physician to examine them closely.
In this case another possible cause would be a fungal infection ,but in this case the rash would be very itchy.

Please feel free to ask for any question that you might have.

Dr.Rovena
Dr. Rovena Murati