What causes phantom odor of blood in the mouth?

Question
Hello doctor,

I feel odor of blood in my mouth and I have no wound in my mount. I'm worried my mouth might be smelling without not noticing. Please i need advice.
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
For how long has this been going on?

Detailed Answer:

I will need to have more information about this. For how long has this being going and have you been getting this all day long or just at specific times? Is this having any temporal relationship with mouth washing?

Waiting before I make more conclusive statements and recommendations about this.

Follow-up: What causes phantom odor of blood in the mouth? 2 days later
I just started noticing this recently. I do use mouth wash before but not anymore. My front teeth is also broken, lost the teeth about a year and half now.

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
I recommend you monitor this further!

Detailed Answer:

There is no alarm at this time. I will simply recommend further monitoring. Unless otherwise, this is transient and would regress spontaneously. Keep me updated about this.

I wish you well and await your updates.