What causes persistent wrist swelling after wrist fracture?
This happened the end of October, and I continue to be concerned about the swelling - it is not getting any better
You may remember me? My angulation is 15 degrees off, and I'm definately a worry wart
I continue to seek reassurrance - please help me!
Swelling will stay for few more months.
I have studied your case. Wrist fracture can cause swelling some time up to one year. It is not a problem. All you need is to do good physiotherapy and hot water fomentation. But some time it can become REFLEX SYMPATHETIC DYSTROPHY. In this condition there is pain with stiffness. So I would like to know little detail about this illness.
1. Are you having stiffness and pain?
2.Do you feel restricted movements?
3. About 15 degree angulation please send me x rays so that I can check if bone is not uniting in proper position.
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try to my best to help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fractured wrist cold sensation
- Ask swelling three weeks after fractured wrist
- Fracture and swelling of wrist
- Treatment for a spiral fracture of the wrist
- I have a problem of wrist drop after a fracture
- Dos and donts after wrist fracture
- Compression fracture in wrist signs
- What does a wrist fracture feel like
- Compound wrist fracture and flying
- Injured wrist swelling due to sprain or fracture