What causes persistent vomiting?
Its infection of Gut.
Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P
Thanks for posting your Query in HealthcareMagic.
First of all I need to know what do you mean by disembowel of food ? Did you mean Loose motions ?
Assuming it to be loose motions I will go ahead but do correct me if you meant something else.
Vomiting along with loose motions indicated either Food Poisoning or Gut Infection. Most of the time it is due to Viral infection and will subside in a day or two but till then she needs to drink plenty of water and fruit juice to avoid dehydration.
But to stop vomiting she shall require an injection as she was not be able to retain a tablet in her stomach . SO kindly take her to a doctor and get Vomiting Injection for her.
Also get a test called Stool routine which can detect where the infection is Viral or bacterial infection and if in case it turns out to be bacterial infection she needs to be started on Antibiotics.
The cause for this problem in her and in you is due to either contaminated water or food consumption. So boil the water before drinking , avoid non veg food and avoid eating outside .
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes constant vomiting
- Persistent vomiting in babies
- Persistent vomiting in toddlers
- Persistent vomiting after embryo transfer
- Extreme persistent vomiting
- What could cause persistent vomiting along with weakness and tiredness
- What causes persistent vomiting
- What causes vomiting blood
- Persistent vomiting weight loss what could be the cause
- What causes grey vomit