What causes persistent vomiting and spitting?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I’ve been up all nite spitting into a towel. Nothing stays down; not even saliva. It feels like a bible in my throat. Not Thanksgiving related. I’ve experienced this before, but only temporarily. Thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need evaluation

Detailed Answer:
It sounds like you may have some sort of obstruction in your esophagus. You need to see a doctor and get some sort of test, like an esophagram, done to evaluate this. it could be from scarring or from some sort of tumor. It does not mean cancer necessarily, but it is important for you to get it checked all the same.
If you have fevers or weight loss you may want to be seen today. If not see your doctor as soon as possible.
Dr. Robinson