What causes persistent unexplained pain around the knee without inciting trauma?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Back Pain
Question: I met with an accident recently and my knee got injured badly. I got an xray taken and the doctor confirmed that there was no damage to the bone. It is 20 days since this happened. All the other injuries are healed except a smaill portion on the knee which is healing veey slowly.
There is still some pain around the knee which is not allowing me to walk steadily.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a ligament injury.

Detailed Answer:
If there is unsteadiness in walking even after 20 days then it is likely to be a ligament injury or meniscus tear. This can be diagnosed with an MRI scan or clinical examination. You need to consult an orthopedician for this.
Till then avoid weight bearing on the knee and you can use a knee brace for an extra support to the knee.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal