What causes persistent tingling sensation in body, vomiting and lightheadedness?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: morning, its been a month or so where i feel tingling thru the body, especially mornings. Additionally, i feel like vomiting in the morning and lightheaded most of the day.
i'm a 55 year old male 6' 200lbs taking 75mg venlafaxine and 40mg atorvastatin daily for over 15 years.

Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

How long have you been taking the venlafaxine? Over 15 years? My first guess would have been that the venlafaxine are causing these symptoms, but if you have been taking it that long, it is highly unlikely to be related to the medication. I would visit your primary care doctor for an exam and basic bloodwork to assess for a medical cause. If the workup is negative, these could be anxiety symptoms that might be improved by increasing your venlafaxine.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 16 minutes later
what about the shortness of breath and vomiting feeling in the morning.

do you think its heart related, i know i could have gone to my physician but wanted to get a better idea here!
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
These symptoms could also be related to anxiety. Again, I would visit your primary medical doctor for an exam as suggested above. A physical exam and basic bloodwork is essential to make a diagnosis, including if this is cardiac in nature.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar