What causes persistent swollen lymph glands below jaw and ears?

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi Sir,
From past 6 months they was continious swelling of glands under my ears and below jaws without any pain recentlly from past 2 months they was a strange bad taste behind right side of my tounge . Though there is no pain or no other complications I was worried why it was not getting better . To inform I got bells palsy 2 years before from which i recovered so is this related to this or any other symptoms .
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most probably this is not related to Bell's palsy

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,Welcome to HCM,
I have gone through your question and understand your worry and concern.
It suggests that most probably it is not related with the Bell's palsy.

No need to worry, it suggests that most probably you may be suffering from the parotid swelling.

I would like to suggest that you may go for the Ultra Sonography of the neck and FNAC of the cervical swelling to reach the near diagnosis after consulting with your doctor.

Meanwhile just Keep taking Steam inhalation three to four times a day..

The bad taste can be there due to chronic sinusitis also..

Did you experience any fever / cough / cold / runny nose / sore throat in recent past ?

Please let me know if there're any further queries that I can help you with..

Dr Hariom Sharma MS, XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee