What causes persistent sweating in an elderly person with Parkinson-plus syndrome?

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: My husband, age 79 with Parkinson's Plus, says he broke out in a sweat. The sweating has subsided and now his skin feels cold and clammy. He has had two heart stents about 15 years ago. He says he's fine and does not want to go to ER. Should I worry?
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
He should be taken to an ER and investigated.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

In such a situation, I would suggest that he should be taken to the ER and vital parameters, routine blood screening and an ECG should be done at least, to rule out anything serious.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)