• question-icon

What causes persistent small red spots on top of the nose?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had a small red spot on the top of my nose for years now and its slightly raised and if I press on it the it seems to disappear for a moment. It sort of looks like a zit but its definitely not, it doesn't hurt either. I have acne and psoriasis (which is minimal and I don't usually see it on my face).
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks like a dialated blood vessel

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs and it looks like some dialated blood vessel.
You can leave it as such but if it is a cosmetic concern I would recommend you to consult a dermatologist and get it treated by either light electrofulguration or laser treatment.
Dr Asmeet

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist