What causes persistent severe pain in the abdomen along with frequent vomiting?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: My wife has been in pain for several hours. It is not severe but is persistent. It began in her lower abdomen and stretched from one side to the other. It has moved higher and she has pain now in her abdomen and in her upper back on both sides. She gets some relief by getting out of bed and walking around but is getting exhausted from that and being unable to sleep.
She vomited 4-5 hours ago but not since.
She says she feels gassy but has not passed any gas. She has belched some off and on since.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I strongly recommend to call emergency services.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

From what you are describing your wife may have life threatening abdominal emergencies.

This is why I strongly recommend to call emergency services to send her to ER in order to exclude:
- appendicitis
- bowel obstruction

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Klerida