What causes persistent severe naval infection?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 28 Jul 2016 in Lump
Question: Hello Sir,

I have been suffering from navel infection for long now. I remember it happened 6.5 yrs back for the first time and I used homeopathic medicine and it was gone in 8days. Around 3 years back, it happened again and was gone with few antibiotics. 1.5 year back it happened again and antibiotics didn't work and doctor suggested for CT scan, nothing found. And, used copper sulphate to rub on it for few days and it was gone. 6 months back it happened again and I started homeopathic medicine again. Now, it happens whenever I don't use medicine. I could observe less hairs near to my navel now and some acne one by one to its near by. Please help me to get its final solution.
thanks.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Causes as mentioned, Consult a General Surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query and an elucidate history.
I have read your history carefully and understood your concerns about recurring naval infection.
This indicates that there is a basic cause which is not getting cured hence the recurrent infection.
The commonest causes are:
Umbilical granuloma.
Less common are Fistula from the remnants of vitellointestinal duct or urachus.
This can be evaluated clinically by an examination done by a General Surgeon and investigations if required.
The curative treatment will solely depend upon the final diagnosis thus made.
So please get an appointment of a General Surgeon.

I hope this answer helps you to get a proper diagnosis and treatment.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant 6 minutes later
Thanks sir, I'm suggested to have laparoscopy for this from surgeon sir. May it be required for this or I need to explore more?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Laparoscopy is the best diagnostic and therapeutic.

Detailed Answer:
Certainly yes.
Laparoscopy make it possible to find the cause and also one gets treatment if there is an internal problem. This is the best diagnostic as well as therapeutic procedure in recurrent umbilical infection.
Please go for it.
Wishing you all the best.