• question-icon

What causes persistent severe headache?

Posted on Mon, 7 Aug 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi Doctor,

I am having severe headache since 3 days. It generally starts in daytime and by evening it goes off.
Sometimes it is in front half of head and today I am feeling in back part mostly. Yesterday evening it went off but when when I was bending my body down then I was feeling heaviness and little headache as if there is some pressure due to bending.

I use spectacles also.
Which department of doctors should be consulted in this scenario?

I have not taken any medication for this.

Thanks,
Harshita
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please Conduct an ENT Surgeon

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

Your Complaint is headache
Duration : 3 days
Onset : It generally starts in daytime and by evening it goes off. Yesterday evening it went off
Location : Sometimes it is in front half of head and today I am feeling in back part mostly.
Aggravating factors : but when when I was bending my body down then I was feeling heaviness and little headache as if there is some pressure due to bending.
Eye : use spectacles also
Drugs : have not taken any medication for this.

Question : Which department of doctors should be consulted in this scenario?
Answer : You need to Consult an ENT Surgeon (Ear Nose Throat Specialist)

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical